Monday, October 15, 2012

A Brief Note of Appreciation and Gratitude to the Readers of the Arnhem Jim Blog



Since its 1st Anniversary in March of this year, I have been trying to determine how I might express my appreciation and gratitude to both the regular readers, as well as newcomers, to this blog. The best thing I could think of was to try and continue publishing articles that explore esoteric and obscure subjects related to the Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces in World War II, and the hobbies of collecting militaria, toy soldiers and military miniatures. I would also like to express my thanks to those individuals who have contributed to the blog, either directly or in-directly, and to Google for facilitating the overall effort. 

The apparent popularity of the blog is inexplicable to me. Beyond curiosity with the subject matter, the only thing I can come up with is that the content is “relatively” non-controversial, and like the hobbies themselves provides a momentary escape from the day’s necessary labors and problems. I am truly amazed and most appreciative.  Now, in about 18 months, there have been readers from all 50 states of the United States of America, and 132 other nations world-wide. Those readers have seen fit to show their interest with over 54,500 hits in that period of time. My most sincere thanks for your continued support and readership. I have tried to discern any consistency of interest in given subjects by careful review of the search terms/words people have used in discovering the blog, and will continue to monitor that parameter. As indicated at the initiation of the blog, readers are strongly encouraged to express their own specific interests in the ‘Comments’ section. Once more thank you all very much.

Drum-Major J. Harper and Pipe Major
S. D. Samson - The Last of the 92nd Gordon
Highlanders 1994



Slàinte Mhòr! Slàinte! (Great good health! Health!)
In commemoration of the service and sacrifice rendered by the Scottish Regiments of the British Army and Commonwealth throughout modern history, and their ongoing service today. 
Arnhem Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment